When it comes to buying cars buyers are very particular about what they really want and eliminate from their vehicle. Hence, car manufacturers have to ensure that they deliver the right cars that can offer the right results that consumers are demanding. Many new car companies have decided to jump into the category of selling electric cars that can offer something better to car buyers that would like something better than the regular conventional car.
Tesla came up with Model S in 2012 and since that time the company has seen better improvements. The all new 2013 Tesla Model S is something that is still in its infant stages but the company has allowed reviewers to look out for the top features that will be available in the vehicle.
- When you take a quick look at the 2013 Tesla Model S you don’t really find much difference between the new and the older version. The overall structure of the vehicle remains similar and Tesla believes that they have already come up with better aerodynamics shape so they don’t really have to mess with it.
- Tesla Motors have claimed that they have tried some minor tweaks to the vehicle but that is only to improve the overall performance of the vehicle.
- The base model will have liquid cooled AC motor that has the capability to produce 362 horsepower and 325 lb feet of torque. On the other hand, the Performance models will have a higher rated AC motor that can produce 416 horsepower and 443 lb feet of torque.
- The company has announced that initially they will only offer 85kWh lithium ion battery pack that will offer performance of 300 miles. The new model will also have onboard 10kW charger.
- The 7000 cell battery pack is installed under the floor to offer better suspension while the car is in motion. The vehicle is able to accelerate from zero to 60 mph in just 4.4 seconds and offers top speed of 130 mph.
- The all new 2013 Tesla Model S will have an aluminum body and the interiors are almost identical to the earlier 2012 model. However, the company has decided to make some improvements by including all glass dashboard with multicolor display screens.
- The seats are comfortable and offer better luxury which is similar to any of the BMW sports sedan.
- While Tesla has quoted the base 2013 Tesla Model S at $49,900, the Performance version will be exceeding the $84,900 MSRP mark.