The 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo is a true example of a charming, sophisticated, fun, economical and compact car and is there on the market to prove that an affordable small car can even deliver a fun ride, fuel efficiency and appealing look. The new 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo is the Goldilocks model of the Fiat coupe. The car made its debut in August 2012 and comes with a number of features and specifications.
Exterior and Interior
- The front fascia of the car is looking exactly similar to the 500 Abarth but it takes the Fiat badge on it instead of the Abarth. The headlamps, taillamps and turn signals are surrounded in black bezels. The rear end of the car also shares some features with the 500 Abarth and the car sits on a new set of black painted 16 inch aluminum alloy wheels. The car measures 144.4 inch length, 64.1 inch width, 59.8 inch height, 90.6 inch wheelbase and 2501 lbs curb weight. The car is available in a number of exterior colors including silver, blue-green, white, red, gray, black and copper.
- The interior of the new 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo is sporty with sporty styled seating in one tone like black or in two tones like red and black, leather wrapped sporty shift knob, steering wheel with silver stitching, six speaker Beats sound system, eight channel 368 watt amplifier and an eight inch dual voice coil subwoofer. The cabin is good for an average passenger and is not suitable for taller as it is really small and limited. Fiat is offering certain interior packages for the 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo makes it more demanding and appealing.
Powertrain and Performance
- The new 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo employs a 1.4 liter Turbocharged intercooled engine that delivers 135 horsepower at 5500 RPM and 150 lb ft of torque at 2500 RPM. The engine is mated with a 5 speed manual transmission that accelerates the car from 0-60 mph in about 8.1 seconds. The EPA rated fuel economy of the car is 28 mpg city and 34 mpg highway. The front wheel drive car 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo has a smooth and efficient driving experience.
- The new 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo is equipped with antilock disc brakes, front side, side curtain and driver’s knee airbags, stability control and traction control system.
- The riding experience is good because the steering wheel is accurate and firm offering smooth and composed ride and in the comparison with other models of the lineup, the 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo is a bit more powerful and composed. The gear is quick and responsive that control the small car and make it more agile and firm while cornering however, you will find the car a bit noisy and busy on highway tracks.
Pricing and Availability
- The new 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo is priced at $20,995 at a base price and is backed by manufacturer three years/ 60,000 mile warranty. The 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo is available for sale and it is expected that an electric version of the car will join it in the summer 2013.
- The key rivals of the new smart and compact 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo are Volkswagen Golf, Hyundai Veloster Turbo, Mini Cooper and Scion tC.
- Impressive fuel economy with manual transmission
- Excellent interior space for two average people
- Expressive and impressive exterior
- Not as quick as it should be
- Noisy on highway
- There are lots of reasons for which experts never recommend the car to buy but at the same time for certain reasons it can be a good choice. The biggest reason to buy the car is its cute look and sensible interior space for two.